MIDLAND, ON (28 January 2023) – Martyrs' Shrine announces a new three-day retreat open to the general public over Palm Sunday Weekend (March 31-April 2, 2023). Let the lives of the Canadian Martyrs deepen your connection to Christ as we journey with them in celebration of the Easter Triduum and Holy Week.
This silent retreat is led by one of our resident Jesuit Fathers, Robert Foliot and involves a two-night stay at The Magis guesthouse at Martyrs’ Shrine. The retreat includes prepared meals by our resident Chef de Cuisine, Jason Reynolds as well as talks and space for silence, prayer and reflection on the holy grounds in the presence of the Canadian Martyrs.
This retreat is open to the general public. The suggested offering is $250.
Space is limited to 12 people, so please register early.
Please be advised that this retreat is now sold out.
- Arrival/Check-In: 4:00pm on March 31st, 2023 at our Visitor Office beside the Shrine Church
- Guests will receive a room key and shown their quarters for the duration of the retreat
- Introduction from Fr. Robert Foliot, SJ.
- Dinner at 6:00pm at the Jesuit Residence
- Tailored spiritual retreat throughout the weekend with talks from Fr. Foliot.
- Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners provided throughout your stay
- Departure/Check-out: 12:30pm after lunch on April 2, 2023.
– 1 –
Martyrs’ Shrine, Canada’s early church, is a national holy and historic space honouring the lives of the Canadian Martyrs. The Shrine celebrates a nearly 400-year-old story of love and discovery that inspired and influenced the formation of Canada as we know it today. The Shrine is a ministry of the Jesuits of Canada. This ‘house of prayer, home of peace’ honours the Jesuit missionaries and their companions who lived, worked, and died here in the lands of the Wendat (Huron) back in the seventeenth century. Martyrs’ Shrine is located just outside of Midland, Ontario, in the Heart of Georgian Bay. Typically, more than 100,000 visitors from around the world visit the Shrine for prayer, healing and fellowship each year.