Praying With St. Ignatius Workshop
Praying With St. Ignatius
Offered: August 3, 10, 17, 24, and 31 at 8:00pm.
Please join Fr. John Kennedy, SJ for a one-hour workshop following the 7:30pm Holy Mass in the Filion Centre (basement of the Shrine Church). Fr. John will cover themes of prayer, contemplation, discernment, leadership and caring for others.
This workshop is an interactive course on Introduction to Ignatian spirituality. Fr. John will build on from what you already know about prayer and help to guide your own personal relationship with God. Through this workshop you will cover the following topics:
- The world view of St Ignatius of Loyola
- Knowing the methods of prayer
- The working of the mind and thoughts in relation to prayer
- Understanding the distractions during prayer
- Hate or strong dislike related to prayer
- How prayer helps in making choices in daily life
- How to find God and live with spiritual freedom
- How to be effective in living a daily life with the presence of God
- How to enjoy the consolation of God and face sufferings in life
- Knowing the positive side-effects of prayer
Space is limited. Please RSVP by contacting our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 705-526-3788