On June 26, 1926 in advance of Fr. Filion’s deadline, the church was finally built. It was a long fall and winter season for Fr. Filion and the tradesmen battling the Canadian weather to erect the Shrine church in time. On the following day, June 27, the weather turned warm and sunny and the Shrine was solemnly inaugurated by seven Canadian Bishops led by Archbishop Neil McNeil of Toronto and before a record congregation of some 13,000 pilgrims, who gathered for a Pontifical High Mass. Bishop Michael Fallon of London preached the sermon on the outside steps of the Shrine Church for the crowds assembled on the hill.