Martyrs’ Shrine’s 2017 season will begin Saturday, May 6th.
View the 2017 Events Poster
Hours of Operation
|Gates||Open Daily: 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Pastoral Office||Open Daily: 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:30 PM to 5:00 PM|
|Information Office||Open Daily: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM|
|The Shrine Café||Monday to Friday: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Saturday and Sunday: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
|Gift Shop||Open Daily: 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Martyrs’ Hall Museum and Education Centre||Open Tues-Sat: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM|
|Day Pass per Person (12yrs+)||$5.00|
|Season Pass per Vehicle (family of 4)||$40.00|
|Parish Group Bus||$95.00 (per bus)|
|School Group Day Pass||$125.00 (per bus)|
|Tour Group Bus:||$190.00 (per bus)|
- The Shrine Church
- Filion Centre, Church basement
- Votive Chapel, Candle Prayer Room
- Pastoral Services Office
- Martyrs’ Hall Museum and Education Centre
- The Shrine Café
- Gift Shop
- Way of the Cross and Benediction (Outdoors)
- Lookout Tower: A beautiful view of Georgian Bay, the Wye River, and the Shrine’s grounds
- Gardens, Open Fields, Picnic Tables and Pavilions
- LaLande Hostel and Rectory
- Wheelchair Accessibility
- Pets are permitted on a leash on the grounds only. Service animals accompanying persons with disabilities are permitted on the grounds and in all facilities.
- Vehicles are welcome to drive along the paved roads throughout the grounds.
- In accordance with the Smoke-Free Ontario Act, 2006, smoking is not permitted in any buildings at the Shrine, nor within 10 metres of any entrance or exit of the buildings.
- The use of barbeques is permitted in picnic areas on the grounds, no open-flamed barbeques.
- Outside food and beverages can be enjoyed on the Shrine grounds. However, alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- The Martyrs’ Shrine is committed to warmly welcoming and serving the needs of all pilgrims. The standards of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 are being increasingly incorporated into the development and management of our facilities, activities, and staff.
- We welcome the use of assistive devices and service animals accompanying persons with disabilities on the grounds, in the Church, and in all of facilities at the Shrine. While we do our best to keep the Shrine grounds visitor friendly, please note that the grounds are hilly and pilgrims with reduced mobility may need assistance to traverse the grounds.
- We are deeply committed to serving all pilgrims with excellence and we are pleased to offer the following services:
- Free admittance for a support person accompanying a person with a disability.
- Facilities: Brick and paved roads and pathways navigate pilgrims throughout the expansive grounds and allow for greater accessibility by foot or by vehicle.
- Assistive Devices Available: To facilitate movement around the grounds and facilities, wheelchairs are available for loan during visits to the Shrine, free of charge.
- Audio Visual Presentation: The Martyrs’ Shrine: A Home of Peace DVD, which includes a tour of the Shrine Church and grounds and history of the Martyrs, is available to be viewed during pilgrims’ visits or to purchase to take home.
- We are pleased to offer church and grounds tours in both English and French as well as Martyrs’ Shrine prayer cards in more than 20 different languages.
- Please inquire at the Administration and Information Office for tour times and availability.