A Unique Opportunity to Have a Personalised
Family Pilgrimage to Martyrs’ Shrine
Martyrs’ Shrine offers this unique package to families (groups) of six. Guided by a Jesuit Father, which include a talk on St. Jean de Brébeuf and his companions, a blessing with their holy relics, Mass in the Church of St. Joseph, a time to light a candle for someone you love, prayers at our outdoor Stations of the Cross,
and access to one of our most beautiful gardens for rest amidst the grandeur of God’s creation.
Come, and experience Martyrs’ Shrine as you never have before!
- A welcome at the West Gate by a Jesuit priest, assigned to accompany your group throughout your visit.
- A presentation on the life and death of St. Jean de Brébeuf and his companions.
- Receive a gift from Martyrs’ Shrine to commemorate your 2021 visit.
- Receive a blessing with the holy relics of Jesuit Saints Jean de Brébeuf, Gabriel Lalemant, and Charles Garnier.
- Celebrate Holy Mass dedicated to your intention.
- Visit the votary and light a candle – offering an intention to the Lord.
- Pray the outdoor Stations of the Cross led by your Jesuit guide (optional)
- Relax in our garden for some time to take in the beauty of God’s creation.
- OPTIONAL ADD-ON: Enhance your visit with an outdoor pre-paid boxed lunch on the grounds – at the beginning or the end of your visit.
(Please note that we cannot accommodate requests for groups wanting to bring their own food on our grounds since specific COVID-19 procedures and sanitization processes have been created and set for this experience.)
*** All bookings for the Family Package are subject to change/refund in accordance with federal and provincial COVID-19 protocols. ***
Suggested Offering and Group Size
To participate in this exciting package, we beg of you an offering of $200.00 per group. The total number persons who can attend, per booking, is six.
This donation covers related costs of $90.00, and also helps to support our Mission of healing and peace during these very challenging times. Should the donation portion of your offering be $25.00, or higher, a tax receipt will be issued for the amount of your offering, less the $90 programme cost. Receipts will be issued as part of our annual tax receipting process and mailed out in February of 2022.
OUR COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES:
- A strict limit on the number of persons permitted to enter the property is limited to six (6). This will be strictly enforced. Groups with more than six people will not be permitted to enter the property.
- It is important that the schedule of the visit is adhered to. Groups that arrive late will have less time on-site. This is to ensure that proper sanitization and preparation can occur before the arrival of the next group.
- All members of a family group package must complete and submit an online health-check form the evening before their arrival. This form will also capture each person's name and telephone number as required by local regulations for ‘contact tracing’ purposes. Persons who have not submitted this prior to their arrival will not be permitted to enter the property.
- All participants, upon arrival, must complete a on-site health-check form. ]
- All visitors must wear a properly-fitting mask that is compliant with the latest public health advice on face coverings. Members who are unable to wear a mask due to health reasons will be offered a blessing (from a distance), will be required to always maintain a 6-feet distance from any person, building, or high-touch surface, and will not be permitted to enter any buildings or facilities during their visit. This includes washroom facilities. Masks may only be removed while eating lunch, and only while outdoors.
- Groups will be guided by a Jesuit the entire duration of their visit. They will help guide visitors through the buildings and grounds to ensure that physical distancing is maintained and that visitors stay within the boundaries set-up to help manage cleaning and sanitization requirements.
- Martyrs' Shrine will follow the latest guidelines set by the Archdiocese of Toronto for safety precautions and procedures during Holy Mass. As a result, certain norms of practice may be different, or unavailable, out of respect for the safety of the priest and that of visitors.
- Anyone experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 before their arrival is required to rebook or cancel their visit. Anyone who experiences COVID-19 symptoms, or test positive for the virus, within seven days following their visit, are asked to advise us by email or telephone so that we may inform our local public health authorities.
We thank all our pilgrims for their understanding as we work to navigate the logistical complexities of offering such an experience on our grounds during the pandemic.
Amidst the challenges we are all facing with the COVID – 19 pandemic, is there a particular person or intention that you would like to offer up to God in prayer? Whether on the front-line serving others, at work, in isolation, at home, or abroad, click below to have a candle lit for you by a Jesuit Father at Martyrs’ Shrine or book a Mass for your Intentions. Our prayers transform us, and the world around us!